Saturday, September 13, 2008

T+10 Fun with People who think they know everything

Yesterday, when the doctors did rounds, they commented that my WBC was up to 0.4 and although my neutrophils were still TLTC, they took it as a sign I might be recovering. I told Dr. Mehta, you should be careful. This tough Texan's gonna shock you, tomorrow those numbers will be back and you'll have some explaining to do.

So, fast forward to 6:30 this morning when my nurse comes in to wake me for my medications and says, "I can't believe it Travis, you're no longer neutropenic." Really? What are my counts?

She then goes on, "your counts went up so much I at first thought maybe I got the wrong labels on you samples this morning, but I just know I got it right. i just can't believe your numbers. Your WBC is 2.1, up from 0.4, and your Neutrophils are 1.6, up from TLTC(keep in mind I only need Neutrophils above 1.5 for 3 days to get let outta here). I just can't believe it. Neutrophils take a week to 10 days to move 1 point, yours just moved 1.6 in one night!"

I told y'all yesterday when I came back I was coming like a house of fire, this is one tough Texan. She laughed and said the doctors won't believe it, so don't be surprised if we don't have to take more blood this morning. "Also, they're gonna tell you its just a spike and your counts will come back down."

Which they won't, my body hates doing things twice. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
AND HAKUNA MATATA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

WE MADE IT!!!!!!! I feel like dancing!!!!!!!! I'm no longer neutropenic, which means no more vitals every 4 hours, and a whole host of other things if they do what they've told me they will, but it kinda depends. I suspect they aren't going to believe me again.

I'll write more after Dr. Happy Pants comes around, I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Love to all, T

No comments: