Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

As they call tranplant day around here, its funny in all the paperwork they talk about it being anti-climatic because the drugs effects last for several more days, but the staff around here is all excited. They keep saying how exciting it is and how I'm doing great and things are going so well. A strange juxtaposition.

So, at 1:00 pm today, following a brief blessing of my stem cells, they will be ceremoniously plunged back into my blood stream with strict orders to find their way to my bone marrow as quickly as possible, graft to their new home and begin making blood cells. Kinda cool if you ask me.

I feel surprisingly well. I slept great last night, except for having to be woken up at 5:30 for my vital signs. Unfortunately, my heartrate was highly elevated, so they then had to run an EKG, which we're still awaiting the comparasin results on. It should be ok, most likely a case of getting out of be too quickly, according to the doctor.

The malfolan yesterday was basically a sleep fest for me. They had me so pumped up on ativan, zofram, prednisone and benadryl I ended up sleeping through the whole thing. Honore and Mom took turns shoving ice down my throat to keep the mouth sores under control. But I don't really remember that part too much.

Breakfast arrived, and I'm hungry to ttfn. T

1 comment:

Jeff Abbott said...

Good luck and here's hoping those are some hard working little stem cells. Glad to hear that you are coping so well with this.