Saturday, September 13, 2008

T+10 Followup

Dr. Happy Pants stopped by my room first this morning on rounds. He couldn't believe how much my numbers had bounced back. He was very happy for me. He said if I don't run any more fevers this weekend, and the numbers hold up, he will let me go home Monday! WOHOOO!!!

I will still be very weak and sick and have to be very careful, but I won't be tied up in this little room anymore. I like the concept of that. Dad, who spent the night with me last night, was super excited as well. We couldn't believe it, I might get to go home two weeks ahead of schedule! Man, when my body sets itself t something, it gets it done. Course, I've always kinda been that way, so I shouldn't be surprised, but to see my numbers jump like they did today was amazing. Dr. Mehta said he was very impressed, he had not had anyone bounce up like that 10 days out from BEAM chemotherapy.

He also commented that he wished all his patients had bones like mine.

On my mile walk this morning, all the nurses and PCTs on the floor were very excited and happy. I think news like this coming after sending 9 patients to ICU in two days, was a welccome relief. There's certainly a sense in talking to them that they like to a cheer a little when one goes right. One nurse said I inspire them to keep going. Funny, I'm inspirational and I've done nothing more than my best to get outta here as soon as I can.

Maybe I'll have to figure out something nice to do for them when I'm out. Please post any ideas, because these men and women have been angels to me. And I owe them so much, I need to do something.

alot of emotion running through me today, there's definately a lump in my throat and the feeling that a major corner in my life is being turned. I feel like crying. Can't believe it. I did it.

3 comments:

Jeff Abbott said...

Awesome news, Travis, that's fantastic.

the basement gunsmith said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Love it. Your dad called this morning with this wonderful update. He was so thrilled (as are we). Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Try to get some rest. xoxoxox Kim & Clay

Kathy Rocklin said...

Whoo hoo. Thrilled to read all about how things are moving in the right direction! xxoo