Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Night Thoughts

After a nice, relaxing weekend of not doing a whole heck of alot, I'm looking forward to a week of resting up for the Leukemia Cup Regatta. There are no doctors appointments this week, and I only have one blood draw which is Thursday when the homecare nurse comes to the house to change the bandage on my central line.

We've been squeezing in all my favorite things to do in the last couple of days, and are going to spend the next week doing more of the same. We figure I've got a month in the hospital, then six weeks bedrest at home, and then I still won't feel all that great. So we're cramming in a bunch of fun stuff now.

We went to the air show this weekend, the Blue Angels are super cool. We went sailing on our friend's sloop, we went to dinner at RL(my very favorite restaurant, the steak Diane is still my favorite...and don't forget the Crepes Suzette for dessert...Mmmmm.)

A week from Tuesday, the transplant begins. I'm psyching myself up as best I can, but I am dreading the six days of chemotherapy. Woof, I just don't look forward to it at all. I'll get through it and be fine, I know it, but that doesn't really make it any easier.

I'm off to have some fun......ttyl.

No comments: