Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Before Induction

First, thank you to everyone who supported the Leukemia Cup Regatta last weekend. We had a BLAST!!! Honore and I set a new record for individual fundraising by exceeding our goal. We raised $62,000!!! The event raised $250,000 total, and every had a blast!

I'm pretty much all packed up and ready to go to the hospital. I've got three bags of stuff, one of which is just snacks and pillows. I'm apprehensive, but handling it well. I'm mostly in a place of wanting to get this over with because I am tired of waiting.

The drugs don't really scare me, nor does the process. What I am most dreading is being away from Hope for so long. She can't even come visit. That's a big bummer for me, so I've spent alot of time with her in the past couple of days which has been great.

I do still plan to keep posting from the hospital, and when I can't I'll have Honi or Dad post for me. We're off to dinner at Chef's Station, one of my favorite restaurants in Evanston, for a last good meal before I go in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trav -

Hang in there buddy. We haven't made ourselves heard in too long but we're sending our love and our positive thoughts your way.

-Bunger

Jeff Abbott said...

Hang tough, you should be at the hospital by now and I hope you're getting through it okay. Know that we are thinking about you, every day.

The Abbotts