Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Morning Coffee

Quick thought: I HATE Neulasta. Man, is that stuff painful. It's a drug that stimulates blood cell development in my bone marrow. The issue is about a week after its given, my bone marrow has done such a good job there's not enough room for all the new cells, which makes my bones HURT. Last night was killer on my lower back. It felt like I slipped a disc in my sleep.

Fortunately, the cells migrate out into my blood stream pretty quickly, and by early this morning the pain was down to a dull ache. Now, its manageable with a heating pad. I take some ibuprofen for the pain, but it only helps a little. The up side is all the additional new cells make me feel a million times better, and my mind is clear again, which is nice.

Today's a big day, I find out the rest of the treatment schedule and when the transplant begins. I'm looking forward to meeting with Dr. Grinblatt this afternoon and finding out how things are going. One of the things we have to schedule is the re-staging. I am looking forward to that because it tells us if the drugs are working or not.

My feeling is they are working well, and the tumor will be gone. However, only a PET scan will tell.

No comments: