Sunday, January 9, 2011

How time flies...

When you are having fun, and chasing a two year old. Well, it's been way too long since I last posted, but truthfully, I've been happy to let things go and just live a little. As a survivor with a disease will most likely return, it's nice to spend a little time away from it. Never truly away from it, but more focused on life than on the disease.

Here's the latest. I had my six month CT scans the Monday after Christmas and met with Dr. Grinblatt, my oncologist, on Wednesday. My scans were completely clear, everything looked terrific, even my heart was in good shape, which apparently was of some concern as people undergoing high dose chemotherapy can sustain some significant heart damage which can lead to an enlarged heart.

I also had my last round of Rituxan. This treatment marked the end of my chemotherapy cycle for the stem cell transplant. Three months after I got out of the hospital, I began quarterly Rituxan treatments. Eight treatments later, I am done! Wohoo! No more treatments! Yay! Although, I still have to have CT scans every 6 months for three more years and then CT scans once a year the rest of my life. I also have to see Dr. Grinblatt every 3 months for the next three years to track my progress, and watch for relapse.

Health wise, I'm doing great. I still have terrible short term memory issues, which I will be getting tested for this spring, and I get tired easily so I nap alot, but other than that I am back to normal. Or as I tell people, as normal as I'm ever going to be.

Honore is doing well. Working wayyyy too hard practicing dentistry and being a wonderful Mommy for her beloved little Hope. Her health is good, and so is Hopie's. Honore is now on the Board of the Illinois Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, although I'm not sure how long that's going to last as it sometimes drives her crazy, but it's good for her.

Hope's everything a soon to be three year old should be. Full of energy, running full blast morning till nap, then again till bedtime. We are so blessed. I look at Hope, and I just know that's the Universe(or God)'s way of telling us He's listening to our prayers.

Happy New Year! And thanks for listening....I went back and re-read this over the holidays and was nearly crying. I don't remember so much of what happened, and I cannot believe I went through it all. It's almost like it never happened, which is both a blessing and a curse.

I still get notes from people from time to time to stumble upon my humble little blog in their search for answers to a lymphoma diagnosis. As I have always said, I am here for you should you need. Please feel free to contact my anytime....twilhite@emergent1.com.

Peace,

Travis

1 comment:

horsepeople said...

Glad to hear your good news. We think of you, Honore, and Hope often. I am sure your mom has told you, but we are moving to Austin this summer. I look forward to the time when we will see you next. Tell Honi hi!