Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Leukemia Cup Regatta Fundraising 2010

Well, it's been a while, but we have been busy living my life to the fullest. We have been out enjoying Hope's Terrible Twos(yes, although stressful, it remains the greatest thing we have ever done). My cancer remains in remission, and recently I had sinus surgery to, hopefully, reduce the number of sinus infections I contract, and thereby reduce the likelihood of my cancer returning.

My cancer remains incurable, and my doctor tells me it's merely a "matter of time, let's hope it's still a ways away". So, again Honore and I are supporting the Leukemia Cup Regatta event here in Chicago. Here's a copy of our fundraising campaign. To help support our effort, please go to www.sailtravis.com.

June 1, 2010

Dear Friends and Loved Ones,

This year marks our seventh fundraising campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma’s Leukemia Cup Regatta. Your love and support has helped us raise over $250,000 for research into blood based cancers like my Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, for more on my story go to honitrav.blogspot.com.

Honore and I have fought my disease for seven years now. We have battled for every day, and hearing the laughter in our daughter’s voice when she finds something humorous makes every PET scan or CT scan or Rituxan treatment or blood test that much easier. All of those tests, all of those inconveniences, are what keep me alive to appreciate Hope’s laughter.

And, as of January of this year, my cancer is in remission. Sadly however, remission remains the best I can hope for as there is still no cure for my disease. One day, one of the scans will come back with another mass, and the cancer will have returned. The stem cell transplant from two years ago gives me a 50-50 chance of making five years before the horror returns. When it comes back, one treatment option remains: a donor stem cell transplant. However, the procedure carries a 25% fatality rate, and provides no cure.

To me, life is a precious gift, which is why I continue to ask for your donations to support the Leukemia Cup Regatta. The gift you give with your support is life. Its hope that a cure will be found, but it’s more, it’s actually DOING something about finding a cure because 85% of all donations to the Society actually go to a researcher.

Would you please make a donation to support the Society? To donate online, log on to www.sailtravis.com or complete the donation form below and return it in the included envelope. We understand these economic times make giving difficult. Please know any amount is greatly appreciated and makes a difference. Thank you for your love and support.

This year’s regatta kicks off August 27th with the Red Sky event Friday night at Columbia Yacht Club, which will include food, drinks, dancing, a silent and a live auction. Please call the club for reservations, 312/938-3625. The racing will be Saturday on Lake Michigan followed by a dock party and awards ceremony at Columbia Yacht Club. Mark your calendars today!

I am going to beat this disease and I am going to live my dream of walking Hope down the aisle one day, I just need your help to insure it becomes a reality.

With Love and Gratitude,

Honore & Travis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Skinorac has health care and skin care products for every skin type. Find the best face care and skincare products to match your skin's unique requirements.

Below are the List of Blog Topics for Skinorac
Tretinoin cream over the counter
Best moisturizer to use with tretinoin
Does tretinoin help with acne scars
Best moisturizer for retin a dryness
Careprost side effects
Bimatoprost eye drops