Thursday, July 12, 2012

GREAT news....what a relief

Poof!  Just like that all the stress and angst over my follow up disappeared when my blood work came back the best since the transplant.  Dr. Grinblatt was very pleased and said, "Go have a great summer, you are doing terrific."

So Honore and I took Hope to the beach for the afternoon and then went to one of our favorite Mexican food joints for Sauza Commerotivo margaritas and chimichangas!

Now back to life.....the 2012 Leukemia Cup Regatta fundraising campaign is now underway!  WWW.SAILTRAVIS.COM or il.lcr.llsevent.org/sailtravis to donate or find out more information.  Since 2004, Honore and I have raised over $350,000, 80% of which has gone directly to blood cancer research.  

As my disease remains incurable, we NEED this research to give me hope for a cure.  The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has seen incredible success in the last few years on several drugs and therapies, including  the Rituximab treatment I underwent during both chemo therapies and following my Stem Cell Transplant.


No comments: